At Encino Veterinary Clinic we are proud to offer advanced diagnostic ultrasound imaging for our patients. Ultrasonography is a non-invasive imaging technique that allows visualization of abdominal structures. Ultrasound of the abdomen is useful in the diagnosis of liver, gallbladder, pancreatic, adrenal, kidney, intestinal, splenic, and bladder disorders to name a few. Echocardiology is the use of ultrasound to evaluate heart function and heart disease. Dogs and cats with murmurs and elevated cardiac enzymes (a special test called a proBNP) are evaluated using Doppler Echo, an advanced technique that allows visualization of blood flow through the heart and imaging of the valves in real time.
- General Physical Exam
- Bloodwork, Urinalysis, Fecal Exam
- Behavior and Activity Level
- Diet and Nutrition
- Proper Grooming Techniques
- Flea & Tick Control
- Dental Exams & Treatments
Eye problems are common in pets. At Encino Veterinary Clinic we are equipped to diagnose and treat eye problems in dogs and cats. Among the diagnostic techniques we offer are:
- Schirmer Tear Test: Evaluates tear production and diagnoses “dry eye”, known as KCS.
- Fluorescein Staining Technique: Allows visualization of corneal ulcers and corneal injuries with a special dye that glows under ultraviolet light.
- Tonometry: This is the device to measure the intraocular pressure within the eye in order to diagnose and monitor glaucoma.
- Direct ophthalmoscopy: This device allows visualization of the lens and retina for the evaluation of a variety of eye diseases.
We maintain a comprehensive pharmacy for the treatment and management of many eye diseases.
- Corneal Ulcers & Injuries
- Dry-Eye, or KCS